WHAT THE INDUSTRY NEEDS
The Coded Welder training and qualification system was developed by the experts at AWS, in response to industry demands. Unlike any other system in Australia, Coded Welder provides training, assessment and qualification in specific welding skills and techniques.
Welding is an advanced science, and welders with advanced skills and knowledge can now carry proof of their specific skills that could win them work on major projects and advance their careers. Employers can also use the system to ensure their projects are in the hands of experts.
CODED WELDER PROGRAM
Our advanced welder training and qualification system is called ‘Coded Welder’. It is a system of 14 categories, covering specific welding processes (P), applications (A), and materials (M) that are essential for many Australian industries. Participants receive a Coded Welder ID card with their credentials and are entered into the AWS Australian Welder Register- a community of the best in Australia’s welding industry.
- M1: Plant Pipe Work- Carbon Steel
- M2: Plant Pipe Work- Low Temperature Service Carbon Steel
- M3: Pipe Line Steel- High Strength, Low Alloy Steel
- M4: Stainless Steel
- M5: Duplex Stainless Steel
- M6: Quench & Tempered Steel- Pressure & Structural Applications
- M7: Quench & Tempered Steel- Wear-resistant grades
- P1: TIG Root, FCAW Fill Welding
- P2: MSA Root, FCAW Fill Welding
- P3: Modified Short Arc Pipe Line Welding
- A1: Pipe Line Steel- Hydrogen Controlled Processes
- A2: Pressure Vessel Shell & Flange Repair
- A3: Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage
These workshops can be undertaken individually within a day, or can be customised to suit your business or major project.